My full KitchenAid Immersion Blender Review will explain all the pros and cons, as well as all the tasks this little yet feisty machine can really handle to get the job done properly. They claim its 4-point stainless steel blade is designed to blend the perfect puree for recipes such as smoothies, milkshakes, soups, hummus, dips, and so much more.
But can it really do all of these things and more? Well, let’s take a look at what this very affordable and handy kitchen appliance can really do for you.
KitchenAid Immersion Blender Review
Best Price: Amazon
Owners: Whirlpool Corporation
Overall Ranking: 8.3/10
What Is The KitchenAid Immersion Blender Used For?
KitchenAid is a home appliance brand owned by Whirlpool. This immersion blender is a hand-held mixing device where the handle is mounted over an enclosure containing the motor. The motor drives the beaters immersed in the food to perform the mixing action inside a bowl or container held by the user.
You may have also heard Immersion blenders called stick blenders, mini blenders, hand blenders, or wand blenders. All l of these are kitchen blade grinders designed to create the perfect puree right inside a container (usually a bowl). The user must hold them as they do not stand up alone.
You can use an immersion blender to create many recipes such as guacamole dip, soups, hummus, pestos, smoothies, mashed potatoes, and so much more!
I’ll share all the pros and cons I’ve experienced with my own handheld immersion blender, as well as the pros and cons I’ve read about from other users during my thorough research.
The Pros & The Cons
PRO #1 – Versatile as it can puree many different recipes.
PRO #2 – Super easy to clean. Unplug your blender and rinse with soap and hot water.
PRO #3 – Very Popular as more and more people are using them instead of full-sized blenders.
PRO #4 – Convenient to whip up quick recipes anytime.
PRO #5 – Easy to assemble and store away in any drawer or cupboard.
PRO #6 – Stainless-Steel blade so you don’t have to worry about harmful plastic melting into your hot food.
CON #1 – The cord may be inconvenient for some people.
CON #2 – May not puree frozen ingredients as well as fresh ingredients.
CON #3 – There have been complaints about the blade stem falling off. Just make sure not to create a vacuum while mixing your ingredients in the dish, and this won’t happen. (full details right below)
CON #4 – Ingredients may splatter if the blender is held up too high above the bowl or dish you’re mixing it in.
- For KitchenAid 2-Speed Handheld Blender – Due to the customer complaints of the blade stem falling off, one delighted customer read about this complaint and offered his advice. He said, “this can be remedied by keeping the base of the blade at an angle while it’s on the bottom of the bowl or pan – just don’t stand the blender straight up as you’re blending, and this won’t happen, as the vacuum effect can’t happen if held on an angle.”
- For Any Plastic Immersion Blenders (NOT KitchenAid), customers complain about the plastic melting when placed into hot recipes such as soup purees. It’s best to buy a stainless steel handle for hot recipes, so you don’t have to ever worry about this happening.
I’ve never experienced any problems using my plastic immersion blender whatsoever. Although If I were to have to buy another one, I would definitely go for the stainless steel handle just like the KitchenAid Blender has, so you don’t ever have to worry about any harmful plastic getting into your hot food.
Who Is An Immersion Blender For?
An immersion blender is best suited for anyone looking to create simple, fresh ingredient recipes only (NOT frozen ingredients or hard ingredients like almonds) and who doesn’t want the inconvenience of using a large-sized blender to do so.
My favorite part about using an immersion blender is that it’s easy to clean it after using it. It’s also great for anyone who doesn’t have a lot of storage space as it can fit in any drawer or cupboard you like.
KitchenAid Immersion Blender Features
- Removable 8″ Blending Arm that twists off for quick and easy cleaning.
- 4-point Stainless Steel Fixed Blade to puree many recipes, including smoothies, milkshakes, soups, hummus, pestos, mashed potatoes, baby food, and more.
- Speed Settings to control your recipes.
- 3-Cup BPA-Free Blending Jar with Lid for individual blending jobs.
- Soft Grip Handle
- Available in many different colors.
- Cup is Dishwasher Safe
- One-Year Replacement Warranty.
Two KitchenAid Hand Immersion Blenders available are;
- KitchenAid 2-Speed Hand Blender – It allows you to puree, blend, crush food such as smoothies, soups, or baby food. The blending arm twists off for quick and easy clean-up.
- KitchenAid Cordless Hand Blender – It can blend up to 25 bowls of soup on a full charge. It comes with an 8″ Blending Arm with a 4-point Stainless Steel blade designed to efficiently blend smoothies, milkshakes, soups, hummus, and more. There is a removable pan guard to protect your cookware and a safety switch to protect against accidental trigger movement.
Amazon offers a great return policy. If you are not happy, apply for a refund or exchange, and they will help you.
KitchenAid Handheld Blender Price
KitchenAid offers a very competitive price when compared to other brands. A friend of my husband loves to cook, and he recommended we don’t spend a lot of money on an immersion blender because he says they all work pretty much the same.
Below you can choose from a corded handheld blender or a cordless handheld blender.
KitchenAid Handheld Blender Review – My Opinion!
We love our simple immersion blender as we mostly used it to create quick and easy recipes such as my homemade guacamole dip and sweet potato carrot and squash puree soup.
Plus, it’s super easy to clean! Just unplug the cord and wash the blade and stem under the tap with dish soap and hot water. Dry and store it away in any drawer.
If you’re looking for a simple hand immersion blender to create softer ingredient recipes like dips and sauces, then KitchenAid’s 2-speed Hand -Immersion Blender will be great!
If you’re looking for a blender that really crushes ice or other frozen ingredients very well, a full-sized countertop blender like this one is the best!
KitchenAid Handheld Blender at a Glance…
Owners: Whirlpool Corporation
Overall Scam Rank: 8.3/10
An immersion blender is a convenient kitchen appliance to have around to whip up quick and easy recipes. I would definitely recommend it to anyone for simple recipes only, like my guacamole dip!